Here are few tips that you can use in your dieting:
1. Eight, 8 oz. glasses of water everyday…this is a common diet tip and most people know this, yet they still don’t drink enough water during the day.
Important reasons for drinking water,
a) Its zero calorie, zero chemical, zero caffeine, and the ideal thing to curb your appetite.
b) Drinking water will flush out the bad toxins in your body, will get your kidney’s working, and even help your metabolism speed up a little.
c) Drinking water also takes up space in your stomach, it reduces the cravings just a bit, and will make you feel a little more full when you do eat your calories for the day.
d) If you want an added benefit from water, make sure you drink cold water, this will speed up your metabolism a bit and make you burn up a few extra calories.
e) The fat that you are losing sometimes has stored toxins in it, drinking water will help flush out those toxins.
2. Keep track of your progress, so that you are focused.
3. Variety may be the spice of life, but it also can be the downfall of a good diet. Even though you are tempted, avoid junk foods if you are serious about losing weight.
4. Smaller meals throughout the day rather then larger meals. If you eat smaller meals throughout the day, your metabolism will stay at a higher rate and you won’t feel as hungry throughout the day.
5. Eat negative calorie foods. Most people are not aware what negative calorie foods mean. (Refer to the data given below titled “Negative Calorie foods”).
6. Eat to live, don’t live to eat.
7. Exercise, as I said in the exercise section, its important to add muscle to your body, why? Because muscle burns up calories 18 times faster then fat does on your body. So, add more muscle, your metabolism is increased, and you can burn off more calories per day.
8. Plan ahead – the fast food industry banks on people’s need for food on the go…if you take the time to prepare your breakfast, lunch and dinner, you become a little more in control of your daily caloric intake. While you can eat at fast food places, your gorge on junk foods and well, the result is FAT.
9. Eat slowly. I know that sometimes you have to rush your food down because you’re late for work or late for an appointment, but if you eat slowly you will enjoy the food more, you will feel a little more satisfied, and your body can honestly tell you, “Hey, I’m full, no need to finish that whole plate of food” if you eat to quickly your body doesn’t have time to send you the message that you’re full and you end up eating more.
Negative Calorie Foods
These are foods that take up more caloric energy to digest then the calories that are in them. Your body has to expend energy in order to digest and absorb foods, in fact, 10% of your daily caloric intake is used to process foods in your body. So these “negative” calorie foods are foods that take more calories to digest then actual calories in the item of food.
Asparagus, beet, broccoli, cabbage (green), carrot, cauliflower, Chile peppers (hot), cucumber, garlic, green beans, onion, papaya, radish, and spinach.
Apple, lemon, mango, orange, pineapple, and strawberries.