A typical physical fitness regimen.
“Physical Fitness“. The term itself conveys a series of confused thoughts to many out there. For some, it means having the Greek God physique with muscular powerful looks. For some, it means flexibility, endurance, agility and so on.
It is not necessary to go to a Gym or a boxing class to get a good physique. You can do these routines at home and ensure a general fitness.
In one of my earlier blogs, I had mentioned about PUSHUPS as one of the best exercises for a great upper body. For those, who detest these demanding routines, here’s one that you can do within the confines of your home.
1) Spot Jogging:
A good start for an easy warm-up.
The best alternative when you cannot jog outside due to some unforseeable reasons.
Stretch out your arms, your back, your shoulders, your legs
3) Jumping Jack:
– Jump high enough to pull your knees up towards your chest. (Do it atleast 10 times).
4) Side step and alternate jump:
– As you jump, you can move your feet along the line of your shoulder and across the line of your shoulder (Do it 10 to 15 times).
5) One leg cycling:
– Position yourself on one leg and hop on this leg.
– Use the other leg simulating a large circle as if pedalling a bicycle.
(Do it 10 times and alternate with your other leg).
6) Side Leg Raise:
– Hop on your legs alternately.
– When one leg is down, the other leg is raised sideways.
– As this leg comes back, the other leg is raised sideways.
(Do it 10 times).
7) Hip Twisters:
– Hop on your feet.
– Twist your buttocks sideways in either direction as you hop
(Do it 20 times).
8) Hip Rotation:
– Stand still and ensure that your feet are together
– Rotate your hips in a circle.
(Do it 10 times and repeat in the other direction).
9) Upper body rotation:
– Stand with your feet apart (wider than your shoulder distance)
– Clasp your hands together and trace a large circle with your hands.
– Ensure that the entire upper body moves in this circle.
(Do 10 times in either direction).
10) Hamstring stretch:
– Stand with your feet close together.
– Bend forward and try to touch the floor. Ensure a good stretch in your hamstrings. Keep your legs as straight as possible for a good stretch.
– Bend forward and touch your forehead on your knee.
11) Knee rotation:
– Keep your feet close together.
– Bring your knees together and clasp them with your palm on the respective kneecap.
– Rotation tracing a circle in a particular direction.
(Do it 10-20 times and repeat in the other direction).
12) Ankle rotation:
– Raise on leg just about a foot from the ground.
– Rotate your ankle tracing a cirle.
(Do it 10 times and repeat it in the other direction).
13) Calf raises:
– Keep your feet together.
– Raise your heel as high as possible. You should be able to feel the stretch in your calf muscles.
(Do it atleast 20 times).
– You can do single leg calf raises for a more strenous effort.
– You can also stand on an elevated support and then do calf raises. This will ensure a stretch in the reverse direction when you bring your heels down.
The routines given above will ensure that every body part is exercised. Pick yourself up and get started with this regimen.