Website Cookies – Testing
Dated : 6th Mar., 2008.
– Most web applications generate a cookie.
– Cookie- also referred to as the HTTP Cookie.
– Are parcels of text sent by a server to a web browser and are sent back unchanged by the browser each time it accesses the server.
Why are cookies used?
– Used for authenticating, tracking, and maintaining specific information about users. (typically site preference).
– It was first associated with the Unix computing and was called “magic cookie”.
The flip side– There are a lot of concerns as regards cookies.
– It has been the subject of debate for “Internet Privacy”.
– A hacker could create an application with cookies designed to know more about the user’s browsing behavior. Continue reading “Website – Testing Cookies”