Beginning with Selenium 3.0 Automation – Part II (Basics of Selenium)
Now that you are conversant with the general idea about automation and have already decided to make the grade in carrying out an automation test, we will discuss the most preferred and used OpenSource automation testing tool – Selenium.
Continue reading Beginning with Selenium 3.0 Automation – Part II (Basics of Selenium)
Automation – QTP related tips.
Sureshot things you should remember
. Used to refer to the Page
• Browser(“micClass:=Browser”) Used to refer to the Browser object • Page(“micClass:=Page”)
. Used to refer to a textfield
Object • WebEdit(“name:=txtAssertion”) Continue reading Automation – QTP Tips
Automation Tools : Session 1.
Introduction To Automation
• Automation is not a replacement of
• Automation supplements manual
Pros of Automation
• Enables to execute tests repetitively.
• Useful in Regression Testing.
• Much faster, As tests can be run
simultaneously in different machines. Continue reading Introduction to Automation
Introduction To QTP
• Features of QTP.
• Descriptive Programming.
• Objects and Their Identification.
• Areas That Can be automated:
• Highly redundant tasks or scenarios.
• Repetitive tasks that are boring or tend to cause human error
• Well-developed and well-understood use cases or scenarios first
• Relatively stable areas of the application over volatile ones must be automated.
• Type of Tests that can be automated.
• Functional -testing that operations perform as expected.
• Regression -testing that the behavior of the system has not changed.
• Exception or Negative -forcing error conditions in the system.
• Performance -providing assurance that the performance of the system will be adequate for both batch runs and online transactions in relation to business projections and requirements. Continue reading Automation – QTP