Beginning with Selenium 3.0 Automation – Part I (Basics of Automation)
Test automation is the use of software to control the execution of tests, the comparison of actual outcomes to predicted outcomes, the setting up of test preconditions, and other test control and test reporting functions.
The life of a Software Engineer
India for more than two decades has seen an altogether different niche class of society springing up. Well! They are the Geeks.
SMTP Relay Server
SMTP Server Relay using Windows 2008 server
What is needed?
• A Windows 2008 server machine with a static IP address
• IIS and SMTP service already setup on the machine (This can be done by “Add Features” functionality under Server Management).
Employee Retention :
Attrition : A dreaded word for a manager who cherishes their relationship with their employees. Let’s take a peek into little techniques practiced by managers to retain their best employees.
Attrition happens when the employee feels that “The grass is greener on the other side”. So what should the manager do? The first thing is to make this side greener.
Here are few software metrics which could be useful to you.
We can classify them into
a) Process metrics
Metrics pertaining to the process quality. It includes
CMM compliance is a step forward to ensure process maturity and compliance for projects. It is a model to measure the process capability. It was incorporated initially by SEI, Carnigie Mellon.
KEY TERMS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Level – indicates the capability of your organization,
- KPA – Key Process Areas. Delves into process areas in detail.
- Goals – Identify your goals and strive to attain them.
- Common Features – discusses the features that should be satisfied by the organization.
Database Systems – Part I (General Concepts)
- In an enterprise level, we say that DBMS comprises the following
– Collection of interrelated data
– Set of programs to access the data
– An appropriate environment to the end-user to access the data and this environment should be convenient and efficient to use.
SECURING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM and DATA
IT – WHY SECURITY IS REQUIRED
- Paradigm shift from Manual Systems to Automated IT systems
- Business has become IT-centric
- Lot of stake with loss of Virtual Data
- Financial transactions gaining importance on the Web.
- Intellectual Property being highlighted as a highly confidential matter hence to be highly secured.
SQL Query Optimization Tips
The most important part and parcel of a Database management system is the SQL. It will differ from product to product. Given below are some tips on how to write a well optimized query and avoid performance bottlenecks.
Primary verification of the SQL.
1) The SQL query will need to be verified by two parameters
- The SQL returns the appropriate results.
- The SQL adequately addresses the issues of optimization and efficiency.
Structured Query Language (SQL) – Understanding Table JOINS
1) INNER JOIN
The inner join is given as
SELECT d.Dept_name, e.emp_name
FROM Department d
INNER JOIN employee e
ON d.dept_id = e.dept_id