Beginning with Selenium 3.0 Automation – Part I (Basics of Automation)
Test automation is the use of software to control the execution of tests, the comparison of actual outcomes to predicted outcomes, the setting up of test preconditions, and other test control and test reporting functions.
Continue reading “Beginning with Selenium 3.0 Automation – Part I (Basics of Automation)”
The life of a Software Engineer
India for more than two decades has seen an altogether different niche class of society springing up. Well! They are the Geeks.
Continue reading “The life of a Software Engineer”
SMTP Relay Server
SMTP Server Relay using Windows 2008 server
What is needed?
• A Windows 2008 server machine with a static IP address
• IIS and SMTP service already setup on the machine (This can be done by “Add Features” functionality under Server Management).
Continue reading “SMTP Server Relay using Windows 2008 server”
Employee Retention :
Attrition : A dreaded word for a manager who cherishes their relationship with their employees. Let’s take a peek into little techniques practiced by managers to retain their best employees.
Attrition happens when the employee feels that “The grass is greener on the other side”. So what should the manager do? The first thing is to make this side greener. Continue reading “Employee Retention : How best to do it?”
Here are few software metrics which could be useful to you.
We can classify them into
a) Process metrics
Metrics pertaining to the process quality. It includes Continue reading “Software Metrics”
Capability Maturity Model, CMM, and Process compliance
CMM compliance is a step forward to ensure process maturity and compliance for projects. It is a model to measure the process capability. It was incorporated initially by SEI, Carnigie Mellon.
KEY TERMS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Level – indicates the capability of your organization,
- KPA – Key Process Areas. Delves into process areas in detail.
- Goals – Identify your goals and strive to attain them.
- Common Features – discusses the features that should be satisfied by the organization.
Continue reading “Basics of CMM and Documents to support.”
Teaches you the concepts on Database systems
Database Systems – Part I (General Concepts)
- In an enterprise level, we say that DBMS comprises the following
– Collection of interrelated data
– Set of programs to access the data
– An appropriate environment to the end-user to access the data and this environment should be convenient and efficient to use. Continue reading “Database System Concepts – Part I”