Software Project, Project Management, Effective Management
Effective Project Management?– Effective Project Management is very crucial to the project.
– Projects are run successfully by a judicious mix of training, mentoring and management support.
– The synergistic effort leads to improved performance and achievements.
Project Management Aspects
We can evaluate the project management activity on two basic aspects
1) Technical Aspects
– This aspect involves the technical skills required, having the essential project management processes in place, and the presence of standards
2) Human Aspect
– This aspect involves the ability to gel well with the team members/ subordinates, coaxing them to fulfill the work obligations, motivating them to higher levels of performance and so on. Continue reading “Effective Software Project Management”
Software Projects, Project Failures, Project Management
Why do projects fail?
– The projects are not the same and will always have a different degree of failure.
– The varying degree of failure will decide the criticality of the project.
– We can classify projects as Type I and Type II projects.
Type I projects
Let’s take an example of a flyover bridge.
– This bridge is visible and has an intrinsic value.
– This bridge is visualized as an end product. It also has a class (2 way lane, 4 way lane and so on)
– More the classes and features, more is the complexity associated with the project.
– Since the features are discussed and focused upon in the initial phases, the success of these kind of projects is more. Continue reading “Software Projects – What are failures?”