Visit www.bijusubhash.com for high-class Graphic images, Calendars, Greetings and graphic designer tips and techniques.
What is Performance?To know these, we need to start at PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING.
Build or modify a computer system to satisfy the given performance need.
A comparison in Civil Engineering is given as
“Build or modify a structure to satisfy the given need.”
In fact, PERFORMANCE is the trait of the system that we wish to engineer, hence referred to as PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING. Continue reading What is Performance?
An exclusive addon available in FireFox for Cricket lovers, developed by Jitto P Jose.
– Shows realtime live cricket scores and alerts in your firefox browser
– Synchronized with CMDN to get you the live cricket scores
Rush and get your vital link to live cricket scores and see those popups appear to inform you at important juncture of your favourite cricket match.
You can find it at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10830
(You will need a free registration at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/users/register to avail of the download.)
Note : Please leave your reviews on Mozilla for this handy addon.
The CMDN platform hosts scorecards of cricket matches, big and small, across the world. An entire cricket Tournament can be set up and managed, from start to finish, on CricketMaidan.
Get your Live Cricket Scores for your favorite International Matches.
Go to http://www.cmdn.com/
For people on the move, CricketMaidan scorecards are available on the cellphone, http://cmdn.mobi/
Scalability for Web applications
What is scalability?
In simple terms, the server should be able to meet the increased demand for HITS per SECOND/ Transactions per Second over a period of time in increasing user ratio, without failure.
If the Hits per second decreases at some point of time, then it is indicative of decreased performance. Typically a decrease in scalability can be traced to database indexing problem, a full data cache or a saturated network connection.
Therefore it becomes necessary to test the disk usage, memory, or network components while stress testing. Continue reading Web Applications – Scalability
Code Review – Best Practices
• Code review is best applied in a Top-Down order
• Code to be incrementally documented.
• Code evolution – We will need to be on top of this.
• As the code evolves, it provides us a basis for learning and avoiding mistakes. Continue reading Software Code Review – Best Practices
Risk Analysis & Risk
ManagementA Quality perspective – Abhilash Gopi.
What is a Risk?
Risk is a possibility that an unfavorable event will occur. It may be predictable or unpredictable.
Components of Risk
Risk has three components. These components need to be considered separately when
determining on how to manage the risk
• The event that could occur – the risk,
• The probability that the event will occur – the likelilhood,
• The impact or consequence of the event if it ocurs – the penalty (the price you pay). Continue reading Risk Analysis and Management
Effective Project Management?– Effective Project Management is very crucial to the project.
– Projects are run successfully by a judicious mix of training, mentoring and management support.
– The synergistic effort leads to improved performance and achievements.
Project Management Aspects
We can evaluate the project management activity on two basic aspects
1) Technical Aspects
– This aspect involves the technical skills required, having the essential project management processes in place, and the presence of standards
2) Human Aspect
– This aspect involves the ability to gel well with the team members/ subordinates, coaxing them to fulfill the work obligations, motivating them to higher levels of performance and so on. Continue reading Effective Software Project Management
Why do projects fail?
– The projects are not the same and will always have a different degree of failure.
– The varying degree of failure will decide the criticality of the project.
– We can classify projects as Type I and Type II projects.
Type I projects
Let’s take an example of a flyover bridge.
– This bridge is visible and has an intrinsic value.
– This bridge is visualized as an end product. It also has a class (2 way lane, 4 way lane and so on)
– More the classes and features, more is the complexity associated with the project.
– Since the features are discussed and focused upon in the initial phases, the success of these kind of projects is more. Continue reading Software Projects – What are failures?